Trademark Application Packages
- Use the ® symbol next to your mark
- Protect your market share by deterring others from using it
- License it to third parties
- Sell it for a sum
- Use it to raise equity for business undertakings
Once your trademark is registered, you can own the trademark in perpetuity as long as you pay the renewal fees every 10 years.
WHEN SHOULD I REGISTER MY TRADEMARK?
You can apply to register your trademark before use, as long as you have the intention to use it in relation to the goods and services indicated in the application. However, if a trademark has not been put to genuine continuous use in Singapore within an uninterrupted period of 5 years after it is registered, there is a risk of the trademark being revoked on the basis of non-use. It is therefore important to file your trademark only for the goods and services that you are using or intend to use, and to file a separate trademark application should other goods and services arise in the future.
- Provide us with your logo or word mark you wish to trademark.
- We will perform a complimentary identical mark search on the IPOS trademark database to ensure that there are no prior identical trademarks. Do note that this is different from a similar mark search which requires additional fees as this is a more intense search on marks that are similar. Please let us know if you wish to perform a similar mark search.
- Tell us what products or services you plan to sell under the trademark. If you have any product brochure or marketing materials, please provide us with the materials.
- We will provide a draft specification of goods and services for your review and comments based on the products and services you are selling under the trademark. The specifications of goods and services are drawn from IPOS’s pre-approved goods and services database.
- Once approved, we will file the trademark application with IPOS and provide you with confirmation of the filing receipt.
Talk to us to start your project today!
The first consultation is on us!
Please email us to make an appointment and we will be happy to chat with you.